LPP $10k Main Event Competition Rules and How-To
This competition is open only to subscribing members of LearnProPoker.com who will have turned 21 on or before July 1, 2020. Full terms and conditions are located here.
This competition consists of 3 different levels:
- Level 1: Will consist of monthly leagues hosted through PokerStars.net homegames. These leagues will each be 1 month in length where the top 20 points qualifiers each month will earn entry into level 2. Level 1 of the competition will begin on December 5, 2019.
- Level 2: will take place on May 16-17, 2020, over the course of 4 tournaments, and consist of all 100 qualifiers competing to be one of the top 8 in points.
- Level 3: Those 8 qualifiers will go on to the final level of the competition which will consist of a single 8 player Sit and Go where the winner may be offered a $10,000 stake into a poker main event in July in Las Vegas.
The final 8 will be played out on May 23rd, exact time TBD.
Points System: Points will be decided through the system built into PokerStars.net.
Note: As we will be using PokerStars.net home games to figure out rankings each month, you will need an active account in order to participate. As .Net is not a real money site you CAN be a member and participate from any country, including the United States of America.
The qualifying tournaments will each have a buy-in of 20k play money chips and have only 10 minutes of late registration. You get 15k play money chips for free every 4 hours if you click the button to get them. If you don't want the hassle of earning more or waiting to click to get the chips you can purchase 500k playmoney chips for $3, or 1M play money chips for $5.
Members will receive an email on how to join the home games.
- Each Level 1 event will run for one month. Events will be held Thursday through Sunday each week. During those weeks, 4 NLHE tournaments on shifting weeks will be held at 4pm EST and 8pm EST on PokerStars.net using play money home games.
For example, on December 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th an event will occur each day at 4pm EST, while the following week on the 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th an event each day will occur at 8pm EST.
- Each month, the top 20 players with the most points in the standings as calculated by Pokerstars will automatically qualify for Level 2 of the competition. If a player finishes in the top 20 in more than one individual month, the player who finishes next in line in the standings will qualify for the next level.
- If a player finishes first overall in the standings in 2 separate months, that player will receive a free 2-hour 1 on 1 coaching session with Ryan LaPlante.
- There will be 5 months of Level 1 and thus 100 qualifiers in total for Level 2.
- The overall winner of each month will receive free months until June or get 3 months added to their LearnProPoker account, whichever is more.
- This phase of the league will be on the 16th and 17th of May and consist of 4 tournaments taking place over 2 days with all 100 participants that qualified from the earlier Level.
- At the end of this series of tournaments, the top 8 players in standing will qualify for the final level of the competition.
- This will be an 8 person Sit and Go that will be streamed live on Twitch and commentated by Ryan LaPlante and a guest commentator to be determined. Immediately following the final hand, the winner will be obligated to join a video call with Ryan and the guest host for a short interview.
The terms of the stake will involve a 50/50% deal, with the player receiving 50% (Equivalent to a 2.0 mark-up). Full details on the exact terms of stake and rules will be announced at a later date.
This competition is in no way associated with the WSOP or Caesars or PokerStars or any of their parent companies.