LPP $10k Main Event Competition Rules and How-To
This competition is open only to subscribing members of LearnProPoker.com who will have turned 21 on or before July 1, 2020. Full terms and conditions are located here.
This competition consists of 3 different levels:
- Level 1: Will consist of monthly leagues hosted through Americas Cardroom. These leagues will each be 1 month in length where the top 20 points qualifiers each month will earn entry into level 2. Level 1 of the competition will begin on December 5, 2019.
- Level 2: will take place on May 16-17, 2020, over the course of 4 tournaments, and consist of all 100 qualifiers competing to be one of the top 8 in points.
- Level 3: Those 8 qualifiers will go on to the final level of the competition which will consist of a single 8 player Sit and Go where the winner may be offered a $10,000 stake into a poker main event in July in Las Vegas.
The final 8 will be played out on May 23rd, exact time TBD.
Points System: Points will be decided through the system built into PokerStars.net.
Note: As we will be using Americas Cardroom, you will need an active account in order to participate. On Americas Cardroom, you CAN be a member and participate in any country, including the United States of America.
The qualifying tournaments will all be free to enter and have 30 minutes of late registration. The tournaments will be password-protected and passwords will be emailed out approximately 30 minutes prior to win the tournament begins.
In order to participate, you must email [email protected] (use the subject "My ACR Screen Name") with your ACR/BCP/etc. screen name. It is imperative that you send this email from the same email address that you use on LearnProPoker.
- Each Level 1 event will run for one month. Events will be held Thursday through Sunday each week. During those weeks, 4 NLHE tournaments on shifting weeks will be held at 4pm EST and 8pm EST on Americas Cardroom using play money home games.
For example, on December 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th an event will occur each day at 4pm EST, while the following week on the 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th an event each day will occur at 8pm EST.
- Each month, the top 20 players with the most points in the standings as calculated by Pokerstars will automatically qualify for Level 2 of the competition. If a player finishes in the top 20 in more than one individual month, the player who finishes next in line in the standings will qualify for the next level.
- If a player finishes first overall in the standings in 2 separate months, that player will receive a free 2-hour 1 on 1 coaching session with Ryan LaPlante.
- There will be 5 months of Level 1 and thus 100 qualifiers in total for Level 2.
- The overall winner of each month will receive free months until June or get 3 months added to their LearnProPoker account, whichever is more.
- This phase of the league will be on the 16th and 17th of May and consist of 4 tournaments taking place over 2 days with all 100 participants that qualified from the earlier Level.
- At the end of this series of tournaments, the top 8 players in standing will qualify for the final level of the competition.
- This will be an 8 person Sit and Go that will be streamed live on Twitch and commentated by Ryan LaPlante and a guest commentator to be determined. Immediately following the final hand, the winner will be obligated to join a video call with Ryan and the guest host for a short interview.
The terms of the stake will involve a 50/50% deal, with the player receiving 50% (Equivalent to a 2.0 mark-up). Full details on the exact terms of stake and rules will be announced at a later date.
This competition is in no way associated with the WSOP or Caesars or PokerStars or any of their parent companies.