LearnProPoker $10k Main Event Competition Terms
Overview: LearnProPoker (“LPP”) plans to enter into a staking agreement (the “Staking Agreement”) with at least one (1) subscriber of LPP, as a means of promoting LPP and pursuing mutual economic benefits. To audition persons interested in potentially entering into the Staking Agreement, LPP will be holding a league-style poker competition (the “Competition”) amongst those of its subscribers who wish to participate and be considered for the Staking Agreement. Participation in the Competition does NOT guarantee anyone a chance to “win” or “receive” the Staking Agreement, LPP will use its sole consideration in deciding who to offer the Staking Agreement, no “winner” of the Competition shall be bound to accept the Staking Agreement or otherwise obligated to take any further actions. This is NOT a prized contest, nor a drawing of any variety; this is a skill-based audition process, in which LPP subscribers are encouraged to participate for their own enjoyment and pedagogical advancement.
- No Affiliation. While the Staking Agreement ultimately offered by LPP will involve participation in a large poker tournament in Las Vegas, Nevada, LPP is not affiliated with any casino or poker tournament operator including, but not limited to, Caesars Entertainment Corporation, MGM Resorts International, and Wynn Resorts Ltd.
- Participation. The Competition will be open to participation between and amongst LPP subscribers, commencing December 5th and continuing through May 23. The Competition will feature a series of games of poker, played in a traditional “freeze out” tournament style, to be monitored by LPP and its agents so as to assess the skill and temperament of participants, with a goal of selecting someone with whom to enter into the Staking Agreement after the Competition’s conclusion. Winning the Competition does not guarantee or assure someone of being offered the Staking Agreement, and no one who wins (or participates in) the Competition shall be obligated to accept the Staking Agreement if so offered. If, in the sole and absolute judgment of LPP, no person participating in the Competition exhibits a level of skill and temperament such that offering her or him the Staking Agreement would be in LPP’s economic best interest, LPP may decline to make such an offer.
- Rules. The Competition will be conducted using traditional rules of no limit Texas hold ‘em in a tournament format other event-specific decisions will be made by LPP in its sole and absolute discretion. LPP may disqualify any player, at any time, for any reason or no reason at all. LPP may modify, adapt, or add to the rules of individual games at any time. Events will be hosted through Americas Cardroom. The monthly league system to rank users will be calculated using this equation. Qualifiers can be chosen by the sole discretion.
- Limitation of Eligibility. While the Competition does not involve the staking of anything of value, and does not feature any prize, it is being conducted so LPP may evaluate individuals to whom it may wish to offer the Staking Agreement. As such, entry shall be limited to persons twenty one (21) years of age and older and to persons who are not excluded – by reason of their own election or that of others – from playing poker in any casino physically situated within Las Vegas, Nevada. By participating in the Competition, you affirmatively represent and warrant that doing so is not in contravention of the laws of any country, state, territory, province, municipality, or other politically-designated area in which you reside or in which you are present while participating. Citizens and residents of the following countries are prohibited from participating in the Competition: the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, the Syrian Arab Republic, the Republic of Cuba. Any person previously declared persona non grata by the United States of America or any subdivision thereof are prohibited from participating in the Competition.
- Staking Agreement. Should LPP offer the Staking Agreement to a Competition participant, it will (i) be offered to someone who has been an LPP subscriber for the whole of the Competition, and who remains a subscriber at the time such offer is made, so as to ensure such person is a good ambassador for the LPP brand; (ii) will require such individual wear one or more patches, in prominently-visible areas of their body, during play in any live poker tournament to which the Staking Agreement may apply; (iii) will offer such individual fifty percent (50%) of any winnings realized from such tournament, with the residue of such winnings being payable to LPP; (iv) will offer such person a travel stipend if they are not a resident of Las Vegas, Nevada; (v) will be conditioned upon such person entering into a further written agreement with LPP that will address, among other things, (a) the transfer of tax liabilities, (b) media training for such individual, (c) the manner in which such individual is to comport herself/himself while participating in the tournament and wearing the LPP patch(es), (d) other branded materials of LPP the individual may be required to wear, and (e) obligations of the individual to demean himself/herself in a moral and upstanding manner; and (vi) be subject to the review of LPP’s legal counsel. LPP DOES NOT GUARANTEE A STAKING AGREEMENT WILL BE OFFERED.
- Release of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING in the Competition, ALL PARTICIPANTS, ON BEHALF OF THEMSELVES, THEIR EXECUTORS, HEIRS AND ASSIGNS, AGREE TO RELEASE SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, FRANCHISEES, ADVERTISING AND PROGRAM AGENCIES, AND SUPPLIERS, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASEES"), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR INJURY, LOSS, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, THAT ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (A) ANY USE OF LPP or the Competition, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY COMPETITION-RELATED ACTIVITY; (B) ANY FAILURE OR DELAY IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR COMPETITION (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, ANY COMPONENT OF THE WEBSITE, ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL, PRINTING, MECHANICAL, NETWORK, ELECTRONIC, HUMAN OR OTHER ERRORS, ERRORS THAT MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ADMINISTRATION OF ANY COMPONENT OF THE WEBSITE OR COMPETITION); OR (C) THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF ANY COMPONENT OF THE COMPETITION BY LPP, EVEN IF LPP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTUOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD RELEASEES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST, ANY ACTIONS TAKEN BY YOU OR ANY OTHER USER AUTHORIZED TO USE YOUR MEMBER ACCOUNT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DISCLOSURE OF PASSWORDS TO THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS COMPETITION SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
- Limitations of Liability. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Releasees for: any technical problems or technical malfunction of any kind which may affect or interrupt the operation of the Competition; inaccessibility of the LPP website (the “Website,” defined hereinafter and as used above) or phone systems in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website or phone lines; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Competition; human error; destruction of any aspect of the Competition or data thereof; or, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Competition. Releasees are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Competition, or use of or download of any information from the Website. Use of the Website is at user's own risk.
- Choice of Law. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Competition shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, USA, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Each party (including LPP and entrants) hereby irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction of any state court located in Montgomery County, Maryland, USA, and the federal court (only if jurisdictionally required) located in or closest to Prince George’s County, Maryland, USA, in any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Competition and hereby irrevocably agrees that all claims and disputes in respect of such action or proceeding shall be heard and determined only in such state court or, to the extent permitted by law, in such federal court. Each party hereby irrevocably waives, and hereby acknowledges that it is estopped from raising, the claims or defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue or inconvenient forum to the maintenance of any such action or proceeding. Each party waives its right to a trial by jury.